Musée de la Porte de Joigny
Musée de la Porte de Joigny 2, rue Carnot 89500 VILLENEUVE-SUR-YONNE See my itinerary
- Guided tours for groups
- Guided tour for individuals
Safety and hygiene measures :
- Observance of the sanitary rules of the national protocol.
- Face coverings are mandatory
The Porte de Joigny, remarkable building which formerly was the only entrance in the south of the medieval city of Villeneuve-sur-Yonne, hosts two collections today, open to the visit in summer.
The first floor of the Porte de Joigny hosts the historic and present collection of the images of the fortifications and the monuments of the royal city, the elements of medieval statuary ... So, exceptional relics are presented to you, such as the medieval bas-relief of the ' Lovers de Villeneuve ', the project of facade of Notre-Dame of Villeneuve drawn in 1575 or still the 16th century painted panel "Works of Mercies''.
On the second floor, in the room of the knights, you will find 200 years of uniforms of the national Gendarmerie, from the Revolution to our days, exposed to you, on more than 30 models. You will also find numerous objects related to this job.
The Porte de Joigny is opened to the public in July and in August, from Wednesday till Sunday from 3 to 7 pm.
The collection of the uniforms of the Gendarmerie can be visited all year long for groups.
Gradings and categories
- Municipal museum
From 01/07/2022 to 31/08/2022
- Monday : from 14h00 to 18h00
- Tuesday : from 14h00 to 18h00
- Wednesday : from 14h00 to 18h00
- Thursday : from 14h00 to 18h00
- Friday : from 14h00 to 18h00
- Saturday : from 14h00 to 18h00
- Sunday : from 14h00 to 18h00