Musées de Sens
Musées de Sens Parvis de la Cathédrale 89100 SENS See my itinerary
- Accessible for disabled people
- Guided tours for groups
Safety and hygiene measures :
- Observance of the sanitary rules of the national protocol.
- Physical distancing.
- Face coverings are mandatory.
- Hand sanitiser stations available.
- Max. 50 visitors inside the Museums.
- Groups of max. 9 people.
- New opening hours.
Next to the St-Stephen's Cathedral, the museum of Sens is situated in the former Archbishop's Palace.The diversity and number of the Sens collection testify the richness of the history of Sens and its region. You would be able to find :
- the prehistoric and protohistoric collections that are regularly enriched thanks to salvaging excavations.
- the two treasure houses (Villethierry for the Bronze Age and St-Denis-les-Sens for the Gallic period) that are exceptional pieces for the archeological world.
- the Gallo-Roman collections that are made of mortuary steles, mosaic floors and walls in particular, vestiges of a 4th century thermal edifice.
- The Treasure House of the Sens Cathedral and that of Sainte-Foy-de-Conques that are the richest Treasure in France and contain many famous pieces.
- the Marrey collection including Flemish paintings and 19th century landscapes, 2 sculptures by Rodin...
The Museums are closed on all Tuesdays and on French bank holidays (January 1st, May 1st, June 1st, July 14th, November 1st, December 25th)
The museums are accessible to disabled persons thanks to a side entrance (access on request to the reception). An elevator leads you to the collections. One room of the Marrey collection is not accessible (under the roof).
Gradings and categories
- Municipal museum
- Musée de France
Services and comfort
- Specific theme activities
- Adult workshop
- Junior workshop
- Specialist conferences
- Temporary exhibitions
|Base rate - full rate adult||6€|
Payment methods accepted
- Credit card
- Cheques and postal orders
From 01/05/2021 to 30/09/2021
- Monday : from 10h00 to 12h30 and from 14h00 to 18h30
- Wednesday : from 10h00 to 12h30 and from 14h00 to 18h30
- Thursday : from 10h00 to 12h30 and from 14h00 to 18h30
- Friday : from 10h00 to 12h30 and from 14h00 to 18h30
- Saturday : from 10h00 to 12h30 and from 14h00 to 18h30
- Sunday : from 10h00 to 12h30 and from 14h00 to 18h30
From 01/10/2021 to 31/12/2021
- Saturday : from 10h00 to 12h00 and from 14h00 to 18h00
- Wednesday : from 10h00 to 12h00 and from 14h00 to 18h00
- Sunday : from 10h00 to 12h00 and from 14h00 to 18h00
- Tuesday : from 14h00 to 18h00
- Thursday : from 14h00 to 18h00
- Friday : from 14h00 to 18h00