Cathédrale Saint-Etienne Place de la République 89100 SENS See my itinerary
- Accessible for disabled people
- Guided tours for groups
- Guided tour for individuals
Safety and hygiene measures :
- Observance of the sanitary rules of the national protocol.
- Face coverings are mandatory.
Regarded as the first of the great Gothic cathedrals, its construction began in 1130. At the same period, catholic buildings were still designed according to Norman architecture.
The architect of Sens applied a revolutionary design for the vaulting: the ribbed vault. Then, the Saint-Stephen's Cathedral has known successive developments ("flamboyant" Gothic transept for instance) but has kept a beautiful unit.
Our tips: don't miss the unique and popular lightshow "Lumières de Sens" from mid-June to mid-September! This is an amazing introduction to a detailed visit of the 1st Gothic Cathedral.
Opened everyday of the year from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm.
Guiding tours (during the summer) and outlets available at the Tourist Office.
Gradings and categories
- Listed or registered (CNMHS)
Services and comfort
- Wireless service
- Son et lumière
All year round
- Monday : from 08h00 to 19h00
- Tuesday : from 08h00 to 19h00
- Wednesday : from 08h00 to 19h00
- Thursday : from 08h00 to 19h00
- Friday : from 08h00 to 19h00
- Saturday : from 08h00 to 19h00
- Sunday : from 08h00 to 19h00